Monday, March 28, 2011

What Not To Wear!

Last weekend I visited my friend Nicole and her parents in Eisenhüttenstadt, my "German family". I see them quite often, and it's really nice knowing that I have a place to come "home" to on the weekends.

Anyway, Nicole and her boyfriend Adrian both needed a new pair of shoes, so we went to the mall.



At one point, Adrian asked me if I knew about New Balance shoes.

I said, "Yeah, I've heard of them, but I don't own a pair."

"Well that's good, because those are Nazi shoes."

"Uh.....what?"

"Yeah, the big 'N' on the side is taken for an abbreviation for 'Nazi', and the shoes are popular in Nazi groups. So don't wear those."



They also told me about "Lonsdale", another clothing brand that is extremely popular within neo-Nazi groups. It started when someone noticed that the shirt could be partially covered so that all that can be seen is "NSDA"... the short form of the no-longer-existant Nazi party's official title (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei). These days, however, people don't even really need to cover up part of it because the message is sent simply via the brand name and the new association that people have with it.





So yeah, don't wear that stuff, like this a-hole:



Remember...no one likes a Nazi confrontation!!!!!!!!!!!!