Friday, October 8, 2010

So much time on my hands...

Only having 12 hours per week to work is great, because I am free to do pretty much whatever I want in the remaining hours. I can go into the city whenever I want, I can sleep in late every day, I can waste hours on the internet....The only work I have to do for school can be done in a matter of 20-30 minutes.

However, this has some major drawbacks. Constantly living in vacation-mode has made me extremely lazy. I sleep way more than is neccessary, I procrastinate on everything official, and I've become totally unorganized and ADD. This is the opposite of what I expected from living in such an orderly, efficient society. Too bad everyone at school is extremely laid back about my presence...I guess that's what happens when I am shared by 4 teachers. They are just happy when I can be there at all.

Things I should be doing include: practicing my violin, organizing the hundreds of photos I have taken and post them online, prepping my research, studying German vocab, responding to emails and facebook messages, exploring German media, returning phonecalls, updating this blog, reading, etc. It's not like I don't have the time!!! UGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!